Warwickshire Junior Book Award (WJBA) 2022 Winner
Warwickshire Schools Library Service are delighted to announce the 2022 Junior Book Award Winner for primary pupils in Years 5 and 6 (#WJBA2022). Our experienced team carefully selected the shortlist which is handed over to pupils who get to read four of the most exciting books published during 2021 and then vote for their favourite towards the end of June 2022.
From the shortlist of 'Twitch' by M.G. Leonard, 'The Chime Seekers' by Ross Montgomery, 'The Valley of Lost Secrets' by Lesley Parr and 'Children of the Quicksands' by Efua Traoré, this year's winner is:
- The Chime Seekers - Ross Montgomery
Many CONGRATULATIONS go to Ross Montgomery and illustrator David Dean, along with the team at Walker Books.
This award takes place every year and is open to all schools to take part.
The WJBA supports the curriculum (and Ofsted initiatives) in the following areas:
• Promotes reading for pleasure and encourages book chat
• Encourages literacy across the curriculum due to the subject nature of the books
• Provides an opportunity for pupils to have an independent choice of reading material
• Introduces pupils to a new range of authors and texts, supporting their wider reading opportunities
Benefits of taking part:
• Reading and voting on four top reads (pupils really do decide the winner!)
• Open discussions, often pupil led
• Teachers/librarians as co-readers (a wonderful opportunity for modelling!)
• Teacher toolkit to help pupils make the most of taking part
• Exciting competitions to enter
• WJBA shortlist posters and bookmarks for your school/pupils.
• Invitation to our Final Awards Ceremony at The Bridge House Theatre, Warwick.
If you would like more information about how to take part, please email firstname.lastname@example.org