Announcing the Warwickshire Year 9 Book Award LONGLIST!
We are delighted to announce the LONGLIST for our Warwickshire Year 9 Book Award 2021!
Congratulations to all the authors.
What We’re Scared Of Keren David
The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna
Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko
One in A Hundred Thousand by Linni Ingemundsen
The Boy I Am by K.L. Kettle
Wrecked by Louisa Reid
The Island by C.L. Taylor
Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas
The Witching Stone by Danny Weston
Cane Warriors by Alex Wheatle
This award is aimed specifically at students who will be moving up to Year 9 in September 2021. The team at WSLS, with the support of our Secondary School Librarians, have carefully selected a longlist of 10 books. These are 10 of the most exciting books published in the past year. We hope that they will inspire, challenge and leave a lasting impression on students.
As part of signing up to the awards, schools will receive a ‘Speed Shortlisting’ Event Pack which will give them everything they need to host a ‘Speed Shortlisting’ book event at their school. At this event STUDENTS DECIDE which 4 books will make the W9BA shortlist! They will then be given 2 months to read the shortlisted books and share their views/thoughts with fellow students, librarians, and teachers. They then vote for their favourite book and the final W9BA 2021 WINNER will be announced online in December 2021!
• ASAP: Save the date for your schools ‘Speed Shortlisting’ Event, which should take place during the week of 20th-24th September
• Monday 13th September 2021: Speed Shortlisting packs emailed to schools
• Friday 24th September: Deadline for ‘Speed Shortlisting’ Votes (Shortlisting)
• Wednesday 29th September: Final 4 Shortlist announced
• Friday 1st October: Final Shortlist book order deadline for schools
• The week of Monday 6th December: Deadline for Final Shortlist Votes (Final Winner)
• The week of Mon 13th December: Overall Winner Announced
Please email us if you would like more information or you would like to take part. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that schools in surrounding regions, such as Birmingham, Solihull, Walsall, Worcestershire and Oxfordshire are also welcome to take part.