Shortlist announced: Junior Book Award 2022!
Warwickshire Schools Library Service are delighted to launch the 2022 Junior Book Award for primary pupils in Years 5 and 6 (#WJBA2022). Our experienced team have carefully selected the shortlist. Pupils get to read four of the most exciting books published during 2021 and they vote for their favourite towards the end of June 2022. The winner must simply be ‘a good read’ and is decided purely by pupils' votes.
The shortlist is:
- Twitch - M. G. Leonard
- The Chime Seekers - Ross Montgomery
- The Valley of Lost Secrets - Lesley Parr
- Children of the Quicksands - Efua Traoré
The WJBA supports the curriculum (and Ofsted initiatives) in the following areas:
• Promotes reading for pleasure and encourages book chat
• Encourages literacy across the curriculum due to the subject nature of the books
• Provides an opportunity for pupils to have an independent choice of reading material
• Introduces pupils to a new range of authors and texts, supporting their wider reading opportunities
Benefits of taking part:
• Reading and voting on four top reads (pupils really do decide the winner!)
• Open discussions, often pupil led
• Teachers/librarians as co-readers (a wonderful opportunity for modelling!)
• Teacher toolkit to help pupils make the most of taking part
• Exciting competitions to enter
• WJBA shortlist posters and bookmarks for your school/pupils.
• Invitation to our Final Awards Ceremony at The Bridge House Theatre, Warwick.
If you would like more information about how to take part, please email firstname.lastname@example.org